Blessings in 2018: Travel

"Live with no excuses, travel with no regrets."
An inspirational quote that we love to share because it was made to remind us how beautiful our life if we can see the world widely.
So, as I wrote on previous "blessings" article, here more blessings about our travelling journey.




1. Gokayama in Winter and early Autumn
Finally after staying at home on the first and early second trimester of my pregnancy, we joined a trip to Gokayama and enjoyed snow in that village.
I wrote about our winter trip to Gokayama here.
Then on early autumn, we took my parents again to there. It wasn't too cold yet too warm, but it was still beautiful.

|     Gokayama in Winter with our baby still inside my belly     |


|     Gokayama in Early Autumn     |


|     Our Little Family in front of  Gassho-zukuri     |

|     Another spot in Gokayama with my Mom     |

2. Kanazawa
We visited our friends in Kanazawa and took a walk at Kanazawa Castle.
I was on my 37 weeks of pregnancy at that time, so we only spent few hours there.
We will definitely go to Kanazawa again soon.

|     37 weeks and 25 weeks Pregnancy     |

|     Kanazawa Castle     |

3. Tonami
A month after Cassie born, we took her on her first trip outside the city to tulip park in Tonami.

|     Tonami Tulip Fair     |

4. Kurobe Unazuki Onsen in early Spring and Autumn
My friend, Lalita, came with her family to visit us and enjoy their holiday.
We spend a night in Kurobe Unazuki Onsen, enjoyed the Japanese traditional meals, and soaked ourselves inside the hot springs.
Again in autumn when my parents visited us, we brought them there. It was nice to explore the famous red bridge again.

|     The Famous Red Bridge at Kurobe Unazuki Onsen     |

|     Traditional Japanese Dinner with Mr. David Andersen's Family     |

|     Back to Kurobe Unazuki Onsesn on Autumn     |

5. Tokyo
Our mission to Tokyo was to apply our daughter's passport. But we had more free hours, so we took a walk around the Indonesia's Embassy.
So, we spent time to visit to these places. And also stopped at some rest areas on our way to Tokyo.

|     Our first rest area before arriving at Tokyo: Nadachi-Tanihama     |

|     At another rest area: Akagi Kogen     |

|     Tokyo Tower     |

|     Venus Fort     |

6. Makassar
This is for my brother's wedding.
Our daughter and I spent more than a week in Makassar for the wedding plus a little family reunion, then continued our trip to my hometown.

|     Family Reunion at Losari Beach: Sign "City of Makassar"     |

|     Family Reunion at Losari Beach     |

|     Family Reunion at Losari Beach: Phinisi Ship     |

|      Family Reunion in front of my grandparents house     |

|     Meet up with Evi     |

7. Kendari
Going back to my hometown was felt like a vacation. I missed a lot of things there. My family, friends, foods, places, memories. It was not enough only spending two weeks there. Bayu did not join us, so we need more time to go back there next time.

|     My Parents Wedding Anniversary Dinner with the newlyweds     |

|     Meet up with my junior high's friends     |

|     Meet up with my co-workers from previous office     |

8. Osaka
Bayu had a holiday in the middle of my parents visit on October, so we took that day to have a road trip to Osaka. We spent a night there, went to Dotonbori at night and visited Osaka Castle on the next day.

|     My Parents in front of Osaka Castle     |

|     Our Little Family at Osaka Castle     |

|     In front of the Glico Sign at Dotonbori     |

9. Kobe
After from Osaka, we went to Kobe and had a nostalgic moment with Bayu when he lived there last 2013. We only visited Kobe Harbor Land because Bayu hadn't taken me there when I was in Kobe.

|     My Parents at Kobe Harbor Land     |

|     Yuri and her Daddy in front of the iconic tower at Kobe Harbor Land     |

|     The Best Moment with Yuri at Kobe Harbor Land     |

10. Shirakawa-go
This was one trip with Gokayama on early autumn with my parents. We only spent a while in Gokayama and directly went to Shirakawa-go, had lunch there, and spent more time to enjoy the festivals.

|     In front of Shirakawa-go's Gassho-zukuri     |

|     Way to another Gassho-zukuri houses     |

11. City Tour around Toyama
This was actually the recap of city tours with our parents and some friends who visited Toyama on 2018. I loved to take them to Toyama Castle, Matsu River, Toyama Glass Art Museum, Fugan Unga Kansui Park, Toyama Art and Design Museum, Toyama City Hall, Toyama Prefectural Office Park, Toyama Station, and enjoyed the city trams.

|     Enjoying Tram     |

|     At Toyama Station     |

|     Toyama Glass Art Museum/Kirari     |

|     Toyama Glass Art Museum's Interior     |

|     Library at Toyama Glass Art Museum     |

|     A Clock at the Underground of Toyama Station     |

|     On our way to Fugan Unga Kansui Park     |

|     My Parents at Fugan Unga Kansui Park     |

|      Bridge at Fugan Unga Kansui Park     |

|     Across Starbucks at Fugan Unga Kansui Park     |

|     Toyama City Hall     |

|     City Hall's Observation Tower     |

|     Park in front of Prefectural Office     |

|     Toyama Prefectural Museum of Art and Design (TAD)     |

|     TAD's Rooftop Playground     |

|     Toyama Science Museum     |

|     Grand Plaza Ferio Sogawa     |

|     Doraemon Park at Otogi no Mori, Takaoka     |

We mostly spent our travel around Japan last year.
Hopefully we can enjoy more places, cities, and countries in the future.

I also write about our blessings about moments and personal growth to remind us how much we grow every year.

Comments

Popular Posts